Junior Congregation Program Leade
Congregation Shaarey Zedek
About CSZ (Congregation Shaarey Zedek):
CSZ is a warm, welcoming, inclusive, and multi-generational Jewish community more than a century-and-a-half young. We celebrate all of life’s experiences: raising our families, building friendships, and being there for each other throughout the full spectrum of life-cycle events. Our Judaism is practiced both traditionally and innovatively, and we work together with Jews and non-Jews alike to care for those who are in need. Our clergy are not only our teachers but our friends as well. We have a tremendously rich history and a bright future. Most of all, we are a family and we look forward to welcoming more members.
Congregation Shaarey Zedek is seeking a Junior Congregation Rosh Tefilah, to organize and execute our Junior Congregation Shabbat morning services on specific Saturdays as scheduled.
- Starting at 10:30 a.m., the Rosh Tefillah will facilitate prayer and Torah related activities for the participants. This includes encouraging participation and leadership of prayers and readings, guiding participants through the service, and keeping participants engaged through music, questions and answers, and / or any creative approach to make prayer and text learning come alive. The structure of the service, along with prayer and melody selection will be determined by Rabbis Starr and Dahlen.
- At the conclusion of the service, the Rosh Tefillah will supervise gaga / zman chofshi (free time) in the gaga room. The synagogue will provide any participants who do not wish to play gaga with books and other Shabbat friendly activities, but all participants should be in the same space together.
- At 11:30, the Rosh Tefillah will lead the participants up to the Sanctuary for the conclusion of Sanctuary services.
- The Rosh Tefilah will coordinate planning of the service and activities with the Rabbis and the Director of Youth & Family Learning.
- The Rosh Tefilah will adhere to the standards and expectations included in the Teachers’ Manual.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Devorah Glanz at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.