Israel Communal Leadership Manager
Momentum (formerly JWRP)
Reporting to the Associate Director, Israel, this position is a key member of the Israel Department and has two main responsibilities: creating and implementing leadership focused events in collaboration with Director of Leadership Development for Israeli constituents to empower and guide in the process of building leadership and entrepreneurial programing for Momentum alumni. This role directly recruits influential participants to partake in the trip and engage with the Israel based community, and general society. This role is a great opportunity for someone who has a blended background in both external community engagement experience and internal project management skills.
- Leadership Program Development & Implementation: Initiates and manages online and offline opportunities, several times a year, to empower and guide Momentum leaders. Supports activities that promote ties between Israel and the Diaspora.
- Year of Growth (YOG) Program Management: Works together with partner organizations to tailor and develop cross-organization programing for Momentum community post trip follow-up.
- Manages assigned department projects ensuring thorough work plans are developed; tasks are implemented in a timely and accurate manner collaborating with other teams as appropriate; internal and external communications are professional, timely and thorough; project obstacles are effectively resolved; and all reporting and documentation is developed and implemented. This includes but is not limited to:
- Managing several programs’ initiatives to leverage Momentum’s leadership within the Israeli community.
- Providing project support to other Momentum initiatives including but not limited to: conferences, seminars, fundraising events, and expanded program offerings.
ISRAEL COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT ENGAGEMENT
- Manages and expands the Israeli Momentum leadership community by planning, designing, and implementing learning and engagement opportunities that strengthen ties between Israeli and Diaspora women. In coordination with the Associate Director, Israel, creates an overall strategy with targeted program goals. Programs may include but not be limited to events, seminars, volunteer programs and conferences and will target select individuals seeking to embark in a position of leadership in general Israeli society.
- Consults with the Director of Leadership Development on the leadership development strategy and collaborates on the programs and content for leadership events and programming.
- Works with existing lay leaders, partners and educators to maximize collaboration, and actively recruits and engages new stakeholders to become engaged in Momentum’s work.
- Supports lay leaders and volunteers to develop their own initiatives that leverage their experience with Momentum and provide ongoing support for their efforts.
- Monitor and support partners in implementation of cross-organization YOG programming post trip.
- Manages the online social media community including creating relevant posts, marketing Momentum programs, responding to relevant posts of others and continually expanding the reach of the community.
- Uses Social Media platforms daily to keep Momentum current and relevant.
- Works in close collaboration with the marketing and communications team to leverage content material and stay within brand guidelines.
- Develops and facilitates various leadership training sessions including:
- Preparing all Momentum groups using both large scale half day seminars and small scale, group trainings.
- Preparing lay leaders for their leadership role in the Momentum community which includes conducting two full-day training courses a year.
- Tracks all activity adhering to department procedures. Manages department metrics and prepares both routine and ad-hoc reports. Enters all relevant data into the customer relationship database (CRM).
- For all approved programs, creates detailed implementation plans with milestones and metrics for success. Ensures all programming stays within approved budgets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience in community management, program operations and/or member relations. Database proficiency required; Salesforce experience preferred.
- Fluency in Hebrew and English required– both verbal and writing skills.
- Exceptional marketing skills and experience with operating social media (in Hebrew).
- Exceptional project management skills with ability to successfully manage multiple deadlines.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to effectively interface with partners, participants, donors, and volunteers.
- Deep passion and commitment to the mission of Momentum and Israel.
- Ability to periodically travel to organizational programs and events.
- Ability to work nontraditional hours including weeknights when necessary to participate in meetings and events.
Salary range: 13,500-14,000 NIS per month
To apply, please click here to submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations.
Momentum is a growing organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.