Executive Director, Greater New England
Jewish National Fund
If working for an organization that supports the land and people of Israel excites you, then join us and you needn't wait another minute to change the world!
Jewish National Fund-USA seeks an Executive Director, Greater New England to be responsible for developing and implementing short and long-term philanthropic and leadership development strategies with a significant focus on major gift fundraising and leadership development in Greater New England.
You will take a leadership role in board and volunteer development throughout your portfolio and will work with the National Campaign Director to develop and implement fundraising strategies in alignment with the National Annual Campaign Plan.
The Executive Director, Greater New England main priorities will include expanding Jewish National Fund USA's annual giving through major gifts, general campaign gifts, new donor identification and cultivation, day to day management of operations, and overseeing all aspects of the annual campaign. Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing donors and strategically expanding the fundraising portfolio to support Jewish National Fund USA's growth in the region is a paramount priority.
The successful candidate must be an experienced professional who is a "go-getter" and must combine sophisticated leadership with an entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, results-oriented, and have a clear passion for the Jewish National Fund USA's mission and Israel. Candidates may come from a variety of backgrounds such as having held a leadership role in the corporate sector, Senior Development Officer or equivalent in a major nonprofit organization, hospital, museum, historical society, major library, or in the academic arena such as a president and/or dean of a college or university. Experience working with or serving on a Board of Directors is essential.
The Executive Director, Greater New England will first and foremost focus on the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of high-net worth individuals, foundations and business supporters. The candidate will also supervise a team of the Annual Campaign professionals and with this team help enhance Jewish National Fund USA's profile and ensure that the organization is well positioned in a rapidly evolving and competitive environment.
This position can be based anywhere in the Greater New England region and will travel regularly throughout the region.
- Engage in direct and systematic cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of high-net-worth individuals. Direct responsibility for maintaining and building relationships with a portfolio of major gift prospects. Develop strategic annual and long-term fundraising plans and evaluate progress to goals
- The stewardship of existing major gift donor relationships; identify and cultivate new major gift donors; renew financial commitments of existing major gift donors
- Promote major donor-centric approaches, well-timed solicitation schedules and data-driven program strategy and analysis to increase revenue generation
- Foster relationships with financial advisors, attorneys, donors, and other partners who can facilitate in the promotion and acquisition of major and planned gifts, bequests, and annuities
- Develop the appropriate level of internal communication, reporting and tracking of results
- Supervise, train, and develop New England and Capital District fundraising staff. Foster a culture of enthusiasm, teamwork, and collaboration among the fundraising team as well as our passionate and committed lay leaders.
- Build and facilitate philanthropic capacity by maintaining collaborative relations with other organizations throughout New England and Capital District while showcasing Jewish National Fund USA's at its best
- Work with New England and Capital District's leadership to develop Jewish National Fund USA's strategic vision, goal, and strategies and engage a committees to assist in the identification, solicitation, and stewardship of current and new donors
- Research funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position Jewish National Fund USA's ahead of philanthropic giving changes or trends; utilize best practices and innovative fundraising approaches
- Utilize the Jewish National Fund USA's Salesforce database to manage donor and prospect relationships
- Travel to your areas of supervision will be required, along with travel to Israel
- 10 years+ of progressive responsibility and experience in fundraising, or proven sales experience in a client driven business
- Extensive experience working with senior-level executives
- Strong supervision skills
- Significant experience leading and growing successful fundraising/sales functions including building strategies to strengthen and increase funding from a diverse range of sources including individual donors, private corporations, and philanthropic foundations
- Excellent decision-making skills and the ability to balance multiple data points, stakeholders, and overall funding landscape in designing and implementing fundraising strategies
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, as well as an interest in advancing the organizations fundraising function to be even more strategic, innovative, and results-oriented
- Strong communication skills including experience in presenting and public speaking
- Experience with Salesforce preferred or similar data management systems
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Flexible expense account for mileage and donor meetings
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel
Salary range will depend on experience level, but can fall within the approximate range of $175,000-$200,000
WHAT WE DO
Jewish National Fund strives to bring an enhanced quality of life to all of Israel's residents and translate these advancements to the world beyond. JNF is "greening" the desert with millions of trees, building thousands of parks across Israel, creating new communities and cities for generations of Israelis to call home, bolstering Israel's water supply, helping develop innovative arid agriculture techniques and educating both young and old about the founding and importance of Israel and Zionism. JNF is the single largest provider of Zionist programs in the U.S. Its work is divided into seven program areas: Forestry & Green Innovations, Water Solutions, Community Building, Zionist Education & Advocacy, Research & Development, Heritage Sites, and Disabilities & Special Needs.
SINCE 1901, JNF HAS:
• Planted more than 250 million trees
• Built over 250 reservoirs and dams
• Developed over 250,000 acres of land
• Created more than 2,000 parks
• Provided the infrastructure for over 1,000 communities
• Connected thousands of children and young adults to Israel and their heritage
Jewish National Fund prides itself on honoring the pioneers of the past and celebrating their spirit by continuing the pioneering tradition in the areas of technology, environmental progress, community development, water renewal and building the land of Israel for many years to come.
Jewish National Fund affirms the bonds of the Jewish family with their strength of unity, the understanding that each member can make a difference and the collective power to build prosperity, develop innovative solutions and promote the greater good.
OUR CREDENTIALS & PARTNERSHIPS
A registered 501(c)(3) organization, Jewish National Fund is recognized as a 4-star organization by Charity Navigator, America's leading independent charity evaluator, for its sound fiscal management, accountability, and transparency. JNF has also been rated a top charity by the American Institute of Philanthropy and meets the 20 rigorous standards of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Wise Giving Alliance, and the transparency standards of Tzedakah, Inc. No other Jewish organization meets all these standards.
We are ViZion-driven relationship-based, fast-paced, and Positively Israel!
OUR CORE VALUES
Be Bold: Beyond. We are proud and passionate, vocal, and visionary about Israel and Zionism. We pride ourselves on our out-of-the-box thinking and the great things it accomplishes for the land and with the people of Israel.
Belong: Stay long. We are an inclusive and diverse workplace welcoming and respecting all cultures, ages, religions, ethnicities, genders, orientations, and physical abilities. Understanding that a work-life balance is crucial to the success of our organization, we are empathetic, understanding, caring, appreciative, and respectful of one another as we strive to develop and retain our professionals and donors for the long-run.
Be Inscribed: Be the Impact. To walk in the land of Israel and see the impact of our work instills the greatest sense of fulfillment. We strive for each employee to make their mark, leave their footprint, be heard, and feel relevant as together we help ensure the vibrancy of Israel for the next 100 years. We plant the future, not just trees.
Be Kind: Act with Chesed. At JNF-USA we do not underestimate the power of kindness. We use recognition and praise to motivate teams, individuals, donors, and stakeholders. We are proud of our please and thank you's. We listen and lend a helping hand when a co-worker is challenged. Whether random or deliberate acts, kindness is a key ingredient to our positive workplace and mindset.
B'Yachad: Together. Great collaboration between our employees, donors and affiliates in Israel is a priority: everyone matters no matter their role. We recognize that open and inspirational communication, teamwork, and collegiality is a force multiplier in reaching our goals, mission, and vision. Jewish National Fund-USA exemplifies the power of unity.