(YM-YWHA) Events and Rentals Coordinator
Montreal, QC, Canada · Canada
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Manager of Customer Experience, Membership, and Events
|Sylvan Adams YM-YWHA|
|Working under the supervision of the Manager, Customer Experience, Membership, and Events, the Events and Rentals Coordinator will play an integral part of the Y’s team. The Events and Rentals Coordinator will be responsible for rentals of the facility, birthday parties, logistics, and executing several events which relate to our fundraising campaigns throughout the year. This person will also be responsible for creating and disseminating various donor communications related to events, along with organizing other initiatives at the Y. In addition, the coordinator will support the development team with donor relations and general fundraising tasks as it relates to the fundraising events. This position requires some early morning and evening work and the possibility of some weekends as needed for meetings with volunteers and events.|
|The Events and Rentals Coordinator will have the following key responsibilities. This is not an exhaustive list: |
• Planning, coordinating all logistics and execution of all events, including (but not limited to) preparation and monitoring of budgets, securing, and negotiating with various suppliers, and coordinating staff/volunteers.
• Tracking and collecting relevant information and data to evaluate and report on events.
• Communicating and coordinating volunteers and event committees, together with the development team.
• Creating various donor relations, sponsorship, and stewardship materials, including drafting content, overseeing design, and distributing newsletters, invitations, thank-you letters, etc., in conjunction with the marketing and development teams.
• Leading, updating, and managing various event and donation web pages
• Overseeing all rentals when it comes to the facility, including internal needs.
• Creating and maintaining positive working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, including participants, donors, volunteers, partners, vendors, and venues.
• Strategizing how to increase rentals and Birthday party packages, including the management of outside contractors for parties and events.
• Additional responsibilities will be assigned, as needed
Education, Knowledge and Skills
|• BA, BComm or other relevant university degree preferred |
• Ideally 2-3 years of relevant work experience (planning and budgeting)
• Excellent communication skills, including strong writing skills;
• Highly organized, tech-savvy and detail-oriented
• Solid decision-making and problem-solving skills, ability to set priorities
• Proactive self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team and/or independently
• Experience collaborating with committees, volunteers, partners, sponsors, donors and/or customers
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to manage multiple projects and programs
• Flexibility and a willingness to take on other responsibilities to advance the organization’s goals
• Experience in communications and/or marketing, or a related field, preferred
• Experience in not-for-profit and fundraising, an asset
• Experience with digital outreach platforms (i.e., Constant Contact), peer-to-peer fundraising software (i.e., AKA raisin) and/or donor management software or customer relationship management tools, an asset
• Bilingual oral and written skills, proficiency in French an asset
|WHY THE Y? |
• Competitive wage
• On site café & car wash
• Free, underground parking
• Membership to a state-of-the-art fitness facility
• Values-oriented community-engaged employment
• Best colleagues in town
• We help you grow – personally and professionally
See more open positions at Federation CJA
Something looks off?