(FCJA) Young Adult Community Engagement Associate
Canada · Montreal, QC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Young Adult Community Engagement Associate
Director, Young Adult Engagement (25-40)
|The Young Adult Community Engagement Associate is responsible for inclusive community building with young adults who are interested in deepening their connection to each other, community, and their Judaism. The engagement associate will act as a liaison, resource person, program builder, and community connector. This person should be a self starter, have an entrepreneurial spirit, be able to engage diverse populations and have an inclusive mindset. The goal is to engage, promote and improve access to community initiatives and programming, that supports community members’ being involved in Jewish life and community.
|• Engage at least 200 unique individuals via one-on-one coffee dates/conversations in your first year.
• Actively listen and serve as a connector for participants and meaningful opportunities within the Montreal Jewish community
• Track participant relationships and involvement, including preparing analysis and reports
Support the development of Shared Interest Groups and new participant-driven initiatives, in conjunction with other Federation professionals
• Identify underserved and less involved populations and develop strategies for connecting and serving them
• Be a visible figure representing Federation CJA publicly in the community
• Create and work with committees of participants and partners, as well as the GenMTL / Jewish Identity Montreal team to design a diverse calendar of programs
• Coordinate GenMTL Tikkun Olam Volunteer (TOV) initiatives with lay leaders and volunteers to provide rewarding volunteer opportunities that best meet interests and needs of Young Adults and Young Families.
• Build relationships with Jewish organizations and other local young professional groups to form new and/or potential partnership programs
• Regularly help execute (and attend) programs, which includes things like assisting with set up and clean up, purchasing supplies, and preparing materials
• Liaise with members of the community seeking services or programming opportunities and connect them with appropriate organizations or community resources
• Work with other pillars of Federation CJA in a cooperative and supportive manner to evolve the culture of inclusion & belonging at Federation CJA
• Develop, coordinate, and support community activities and programs that help Federation CJA, its impact partners, and the Montreal Jewish Community to provide more choices for how community members want to engage in Montreal Jewish life
Education, Knowledge and Skills
|• At least 2-3 years of experience creating, managing, and executing programs or events.
• A curious and creative connector, who is excited about the prospect of building relationships with young adults from diverse backgrounds.
• Energy, excitement, and passion about building communities, connecting people, and Jewish innovation
• Knowledgeable and/or willingness to learn about local community resources, both within and outside of the Montreal Jewish community
• Available to work flexible schedule including occasional weekends and evenings
• Ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with community professionals and work as part of a team
• A critical thinker and self-starter who can work autonomously
• Experience in or willingness to learn the foundations of program design, development, co-ordination, and community impact evaluation
• Knowledge of Jewish identity, community and culture, an asset
• Strong work ethic, organizational skills, and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
• Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in both English and French
• Social media platform savvy (or willing to learn)- for promoting community events
• Comfort navigating Microsoft 365 software (i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook)