(FCJA) Senior Development Officer
Canada · Montreal, QC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Senior Development Officer
Director, Philanthropic Relations
|As an integral member of the Financial Resource department of Federation CJA, the Development Officer contributes directly to the increase of revenues of the annual campaign and other financial resource development vehicles by building and maintaining strong donor relationships, engaging in direct face-to-face solicitation and managing one or more campaign division.|
|• Take responsibility of the assigned campaign portfolio(s)/Division(s) and carry-out all necessary efforts to increase respective gift giving. |
• Develop strong relationships with donors as well as recruit and engage in stewardship and cultivation of potential donors with an end goal of soliciting funds and increasing the revenue stream of Federation.
• Prepare and coordinate committee meetings as they arise.
• Manage assigned budget, including events and special initiative, in keeping with FRD business plan.
• Strategize with other FRD professionals to identify, qualify prospects, and build appropriate strategies to capture giving potential and feed the pipeline.
• Strategically guide, support and collaborate with the fundraising workforce including lay leadership and FRD professionals.
• Work closely with other departments of FEDERATION CJA in a cooperative and supportive manner.
Education, Knowledge and Skills
|• A University Degree in a relevant field. |
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a fundraising or business development role, preferably in a not-for-profit or foundation environment
• Outstanding communication, writing and presentation skills, in both English and French
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with Lay Leadership and volunteer committees, with a donor-focus
• Understanding of fundraising principles and selling intangibles
• Excellent Leadership skills, ability to lead people and get results through others
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships with other management staff and employees
• Excellent knowledge of Montreal Jewish Community and commitment to FEDERATION CJA values
• Strong work ethics, including developed skills for organization, strategic thinking and ability to work in a multitasking environment.
• Knowledge of the MS Office suite
|This position may involve traveling within Montreal and therefore requires the incumbent to possess a valid driver’s license and access to a car.|
See more open positions at Federation CJA
Something looks off?