(FCJA) Network Administrator
Canada · Montreal, QC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Director of IT
|Reporting to the Director of IT, the Network Administrator is responsible for the management, availability, operation, maintenance, and security of the Montreal Jewish Community Campus (MJCC)’s voice and data network operations. The Department of Information Technology of Federation CJA (FCJA-IT) manages and administers the voice and data networks and computing services for Federation CJA and its network of partner organizations. This includes IT infrastructure, services and security and end-user support to approximately 500 users.|
|• Works with the Director of IT to request new equipment, applications, refreshes of existing equipment (routers, switches, servers, end user hardware, appliances, storage, telephony, and security initiatives). |
• Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of current trends and practices in the technology, data and telecommunications fields.
• Executes disaster recovery planning and emergency operations support for network and telecommunications.
• Ensures the networks are in operational status 24/7/365 and coordinates 24/7 on-call network support according to published SLA.
• Selects, orders, installs, configures, maintains and troubleshoots network hardware and operating systems, and ensures that systems are always kept up-to-date with the most recent software, security patches, drivers, etc.
• Supports the installation of application software on servers, as well as upgrades, as necessary, in partnership with departments/agencies/vendors.
• Responsible for managing the security of the network using best practices and security standards.
• Develops, implements, and performs network back-up and disaster recovery strategies, policies, and procedures
• Serves as the organization’s liaison with vendors and others in the acquisition, implementation, support and maintenance of complex network systems, telecommunications systems, and end user computers.
• Performs and participates in network security audits.
• Oversees and manages additional technology functions including hosted VOIP telephone system, access control systems, public WiFi networks and other connected equipment such as networked multifunction printers.
• Supports facilities technology installations for HVAC, Security, Audio-Visual etc.
• Manages and coordinates the IT Help Desk function.
• Evaluate needs and deliver solutions using OneDrive, Teams, SharePoint and other O365 collaboration tools.
• Architecture and engineering of SharePoint, Teams and Microsoft Office 365 Groups, providing technical knowledge on various Teams architecture elements deployed in an Enterprise environment.
Education, Knowledge and Skills
|• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, information systems management, business computer programming, mathematics, or related field. |
• Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in network administration and support in a complex multi-site enterprise environment.
• Successful completion of network management certifications, or verifiable on-the-job training. Preferred certifications: MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert), CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), MCE (Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator), Security+ (CompTIA), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), or CISM (Certified Information Security Manager).
• Expert knowledge of Office 365 Platform, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams, Security & Compliance Center, and OneDrive for Business.
• Expert knowledge of Azure Active Directory, EMS and the Microsoft Identity Platform.
• Extensive organization, time management, problem solving, technical troubleshooting, and planning skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work on several projects concurrently.
• Thorough skills and abilities to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, Federation and agency management and all organizational stakeholders.
• Maintain absolute confidentiality of sensitive files, data and materials accessed, discussed, or observed while working with Federation and agency staff.
See more open positions at Federation CJA
Something looks off?