Associate, BBYO Montreal
Reporting to the Director of Passport to Jewish Life, The Associate, BBYO Montreal is responsible for the coordination, development, and execution of assigned chapter programs in order to attract and encourage involvement in diverse community initiatives aiming to create meaningful connections and engagement to Judaism, Israel, BBYO and the Montreal Jewish Community.
• Work with teens to attract and retain members with a special focus on building and growing chapters.
• Establish an annual program calendar for each chapter based on principles of AZA (Fraternity) and BBG(sorority).
• Develop teens as chapter leaders to run meetings, plan calendars, recruit new members, ensure program excellence, and create meaningful programs that attract other teens.
• Work directly with teens to create impactful, fun, and dynamic programs.
• Mentor teens and deliver leadership training.
• Inspire teens to embrace their Jewish journey by representing and teaching BBYO Culture, Jewish values and executing Judaic programming.
• Act as the resource-person for assigned constituents.
• Identify and engage potential volunteers and leaders within their assigned group age
• Oversees all events to help lead to a vibrant Jewish teen experience for BBYO chapter members
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
• A University Degree in a relevant field.
• Experience in program design, development, and implementation
• Creative thinker and a self-starter who can work with minimum supervision or general guidance and instructions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with other professionals and volunteers.
• Comfortable working irregular hours (outside typical working hours)
• Must possess strong leadership skills and have the ability to lead people and get results
• Strong knowledge of Montreal Jewish Community and commitment to BBYO values
• Strong work ethic, organizational skills and ability to work in a multitasking environment.
• Knowledge of MS Office suite
Federation CJA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note: This position is an employee of Federation CJA