Movement Experiences Intern
Movement Experiences Intern
Internship Dates: October 2023 – June 1, 2024, with potential to extend through August 1, 2024
Internship Hours: 15- 20 hours/ Week
Pay: $15.20/Hour or State Min.
We’re looking for an innovative, self-starting intern to join the Movement Experiences Team beginning October 2023. The ideal candidate can work independently, is hardworking and eager to learn. We will work with your college schedule!
Who we are:
We're a global network of passionate professionals excited to make a difference in the lives of Jewish teens. We are the Jewish community's largest and fastest-growing pluralistic platform for reaching and inspiring Jewish teens, built on nearly a century storied history. We support over 700 local, teen-led local chapters across more than 50 countries, at more than 100-weekend retreats during the school year and across a rapidly growing suite of global exchanges, campaigns, and movement initiatives all year-round. Our team is strong, agile, creative, and inclusive. We are fast-paced, high-energy and results-driven, and we enjoy working together just as much as we believe in the mission we are chasing together.
What Is Movement Experiences?
The Movement Experiences department comprises International Convention, BBYO Passport, Camp Leadership Programs, and physical and mental health and is supported by the Customer Service Team. The department works with all aspects of BBYO.
Who you are:
You are a college-age student looking to grow your customer service and data management skills, excited about a role in recruitment, process management, and more. You find joy in building processes and systems, are detail-oriented, and are a go-getter. You are excited to research, problem-solve, and sort through the details when given a blank slate. You can work on multiple projects at the same time and are a self-starter and motivator.
What you'll get to do as our Intern:
- Support the BBYO customer service inbox and provide high-quality customer assistance in answering questions and troubleshooting.
- Assist in inputting information into BBYO’s recruitment management system for BBYO Summer Programs.
- Follow-up with families concerning forms and payments for International Convention and Summer Programs.
- Research local scholarship opportunities for teens and families to maintain and expand current database
- Assist with research and development for new special projects related to the Movement Experiences Team
- Support the day-to-day operations of the Customer Service Team
- Other duties as assigned
- A creative and responsible self-starter who is comfortable working collaboratively and taking initiative
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and willing to learn new systems
- Strong data-entry skills required
- Must be available to work February 12-16 – minimum of 5 hours each of these days during business hours
- Availability to work up to 15-20 hours/week
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without holding a visa or sponsorship
- Comfortable working in a virtual setting liaising with team members across U.S. time zones (east-coast location preferred)
We are committed to enhancing the Jewish experience, valuing diversity, providing equal opportunity and maintaining an environment free from discrimination or harassment. BBYO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity by complying with all applicable laws which prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type in the workplace. Thus, BBYO strictly prohibits discrimination or harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law in all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including without limitation, recruiting, hiring, assignment, compensation, promotion, training, wage and salary, benefits, discipline and termination.