BBYO Health Consultant (Part-Time)
BBYO Health Consultant
Organization Summary: BBYO is the leading pluralistic, Jewish teen movement and has been providing exceptional leadership programs and identity enrichment experiences for more than 90 years. We offer year-round activities in hundreds of local communities and inspiring world-wide travel experiences enabling teens to explore areas of leadership, service, civic engagement, Israel education and Jewish values. Learn more about BBYO’s summer and travel programs at bbyo.org/teens/experiences/summer.
Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant.
Experience working with children/adolescents is a plus.
Must have active license to practice nursing.
5+ years nursing experience.
Salary and Commitment
October 2023-August 2024
Part Time: 10-15 hours per month and requirement to be onsite during the following times:
International Convention: Onsite 2/13/24-2/19/24
Summer Camp Leadership Programs: Minimum of 4-6 weeks onsite at BBYO Camp during Summer 2024
Key Position Responsibilities Include (and are not limited to):
Health Consultant will lead in the following areas:
- Lead professional in physical health management.
- Being onsite at multiple International programs including International Convention and Summer Camp Leadership program as lead nurse.
- Liaison to the BBYO Medical Committee including consulting Committee on policies and procedures, collaborating on organization-wide decisions, and using the group as an additional medical resource.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, onboarding and evaluating nurses for all Movement Experience programs including International Convention, IC Global Week, Camp Leadership, (CLTC, ILTC, International Kallah) and August Executives.
- Responsible for streamlining and overseeing process for reviewing medical forms.
- Biweekly check ins
- Follow up with families with physical health concerns leading up to Camp Leadership and IC programs to discuss specific recommendations and accommodations.
- Responsible for physical health special projects, including helping write policies and protocols.
- Join additional staff calls monthly
- Responsible for tracking and purchasing supplies for IC Global Week, International Convention, and Camp Leadership.
- Ensures medical staff adheres to all state law and expectations (license updates, trainings, and other requirements)
- Reviewing and responding to medical exemptions, when applicable.
Location: Remote, onsite at Perlman Camp June-August and at IC in Orlando, FL (location varies- 2024- Orlando, FL, 2025- Denver, Colorado.
We are committed to enhancing the Jewish experience, valuing diversity, providing equal opportunity, and maintaining an environment free from discrimination or harassment. BBYO is an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity by complying with all applicable laws which prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type in the workplace. Thus, BBYO strictly prohibits discrimination or harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law in all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including without limitation, recruiting, hiring, assignment, compensation, promotion, training, wage and salary, benefits, discipline, and termination.